Tremere
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RP for beginners and advanced

Go down

RP for beginners and advanced Empty RP for beginners and advanced

Post  Taurie Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:15 am

UNDERSTANDING THE ROLE PLAY

The role-playing game, as its name suggests, is to play a character and speak and act through it.
Perhaps the role play in SL is a bit more complicated, because the avatar is a character in the virtual world of SL, and bringing this character to CCS / PR, is like putting a character within a character. This triplicity because we can not forget that we are from RL motricity our main characters, perhaps causing us some problems that I hope to dispel with a brief note.

Difference between OOC and IC

IC

IC is known to be representing our character in the role play. Speak, think and act from that character that we created to play.
Every time you enter a zone CCS, our parliaments and our actions are understood from this figure. That is NOT the same character that we play in SL or RL from ourselves.
Should be thought like a child taking the possession of character and acted passionately: sometimes we were doctors, other times super heroes, other animals ...
IC When we forget that we are completely avatars, we have a label with our name, our groups, our class, our level ... People do not go through life with ... cartelitos in RP either. We must ignore it. Know who we have not been submitted or have submitted themselves.
If you think this is really easy.

OOC

We OOC when not in Zone CCS play our character. That means that we are our current avatars or even talk things RL.
OOC in each individual who is, as it is in SL. And should not mix things.
To differentiate this state must use the tool to do this is to enclose it between double our colloquiums parentheses.
It is essential to remember that in areas CCS is expected of us play a role.

Examples:

OCC: ((I lag)) ((I'm no stamina)) ((they sent me a tp))
IC: I move slowly. I need to clear my mind. I think they call me.

Some other concepts needed to know:

• Each area has its own rules of CCS.
• All are OOC IM.
• OOC and IC should not be NEVER.

Metagaming: It is using information that is out of the RP for RP. O OOC tools to use the character IC.

There are several controversies in this game. Sometimes, when the standard is not clear, the players took advantage.
In general, the rules of a SIM is not specific enough to deal with controversial issues ... then the problems.
With this note I intend to expand the first note on RP.

We must bear in mind that HUD CCS is a mere extension of our RP. HUD itself has no value to be determined as use, who wins a Spar or a fight.

The other day I came across a player who brought a light note with explanations of rules, and unfortunately that note contained more misconceptions and false definitions that some kind of valuable information.
If players speaking notes are based on assumptions which are misleading and full of fallacies, a bad port we go.
The players will learn to read and follow evil are convinced that they are guided by "the rules".
Here goes a little look at the hottest topics and more complicated in this game.

GODMODING NOT GOODMORNING!

One difficulty we have is so overwhelming differentiate the Metagaming of Godmoding.

The only thing they have in common is that both these concepts are used to take advantage in the game.

The GodModing, far from the good morning, it makes the player uses a character invincible or unfair advantages.
For example, if I go to areas where there is a SIM residential houses, it is assumed that the doors of the houses are locked. If one enters and begins to attack its people would be doing GoDModing (yield is the power to enter homes without ever calling or you open the door) or if you enter by using a master key.
The right way is rolear entry in a "realistic" (demolition hard, dynamite, etc.., Etc.)..
Relate the actions or reactions of another player, or the effects that cause our actions on another player, is also GodModing.
Throwing skills through walls or windows are closed GoDModing.
Rolear that certain actions will not cause any effect when we should, is GoDModing (these reactions are usually an OOC EGO should not be involved with the character because it affects negatively).
Alone and without rolear unleashed, and without having the appropriate scope is GoDModing.
Fighting bearing "on leash" or other players is GoDModing-although in some SIMs allowed-Does any of you have heard rolear, sometimes when someone has tied up, which would roll and knotted rope to the wrist so that his hand might be free? Sometimes a shift would save us having GODMODE attitudes.

Some Cases of GODMODING

A common mistake is to read thoughts.
Our main tool is the description of RP shares. We can describe thoughts, feelings and beliefs. We can write symposia, and of course "actions."
In both actions the "we", we can react to them with another action or a symposium:

Marina Kips faced with a boot which left Trek spin backwards and falls on the grave of Aloxe.

Loon Babih runs alongside his mother and aid going to join his arm below the Marina and back to a lever.

Onoskelis Vaher: uy mami! You okay?

However, when a player writes thoughts, feelings or beliefs, we can not in any way react to them. Contact a thought or act according to belief or feelings of a player is a clear act of GODMODING. Telepathy is GODMODING. We do not have the ability to read the mind of anyone.
One player writes what he thinks, what he believes, what he feels to give information to another player as part of their game. However, he developed a physical action is not to speak. Is allowing us to know the "actors" that his character might act in this or that way. Is in turn fed his character, enriching it.

THE RP IS EASILY a lack of respect and is often also a way of GODMODING.

Rp as the description of events and actions must take a realistic color, also developed in a realistic time. We should always allow time for players to react to our action.
For example, if the catch:

When we managed to kill someone and want to catch our actions should be described in at least three lines. Nobody takes the weapon to someone, it takes away the records and concealed weapons, he robbed or broken weapons, and tied hand and foot to someone in a second and a half. Besides doing so does not give any time ally of the player captured that prevents action. Nor can I do if I have two players attacking.
The same applies to the release: I can not cut the cords while someone holds the enemy (leashes). It is not realistic. Or cut my rope rubbing on the floor with a glass that is on the floor or with the teeth in one line. That makes the other player to react. Let's look at examples:

Marina Kips takes the dagger is at his side with his mouth, cut their ropes and escapes.

Although it is more than many write GODMODING ... this is absolute: a) must appear before the dagger .... Who put it there? Had my chance to see her captor before I describe it as to remove it from my power? b) What time I am using to make it realistic if I do everything together? How many shares can I do at the same time? Is not I'm taking an unfair advantage to the game? How can prevent my captor my actions if I write a line to run in and when I gave the "Enter" and the action is accomplished and I to 25 meters of my captor?

Marina Kips Machuca turns his head left and, despite its light cloud begin to distinguish a dagger a few centimeters. Coughing, spitting blood and then turned in search of his captor.

Here I report another player for the existence of a dagger, and my intention to escape and leave him to his reaction. He can prevent me or my exhaust to see if they continue or not to take the dagger, and so on. And so the game continues by describing the actions in more detail and give both players time to act and react, until the exhaust or not:

XXX directs light to the place where he watched the Navy and a distinguished object. Is close to him, bends down and picks up a dagger that lies a few centimeters from his victim * thought you were going to power away with this useless piece of metal, Marinita? * Looks around, searching for the missing pod * what a good dagger that I found! * whispers to himself.

If I am a lycan and I cut my ropes biting my captor can cut their teeth and wear a muzzle etc .... Etc. Etc.

When we see a science fiction film, or on whose characters are strong and skilful, android-on-natural, etc .- and capable of killing two hundred of a coup and almost impossible to escape situations that we know what is happening in the screen is not real. But the actions are developed in such a way that seems logical and there is always a primary and secondary identification with the characters. This is because what we see is "plausible" by a certain logic and a realistic timeline. The same thing we have to achieve with our RP.

And METAGAMING OOC

We know that reading the names and / or is Metagaming tags, but writing about reading levels and is also Metagaming and is one of the most frequent errors.
The introduction of elements foreign to the geographic mix is RP OOC with IC.
Born in Blood Babih Seeds, as IC is not Brazilian, any allusion to his Brazilian nationality would be a mistake.
Speaking of things RL or refer to them as we IC, if not make the character, is wrong. Not to.
SL is Metagaming.
CCS is Metagaming.
Meter is metagaming.
Lag is metagaming.
Know what clan a player or family member for his tag and not because we have known is Metagaming IC.

One way of combining metagaming with OOC drama is accused of "abuse" to a player who attacks us because it has a higher level than us. Evitémoslo.

The best way to avoid confusion, CI maintained at all times while we are in an Area CCS. Until you master the game, we can differentiate IC and OOC have internalized our character, it is advisable
Avoid OOC.

METAGAMING LIABILITIES

It is known that in large battles, read the tags of the players to know who to attack and who not. Metagaming and it is inevitable. It is an accepted practice. Be strict on this point would only problems.
Similarly, it is a practice in several SIMS using the names of the characters in the narratives but not in the symposia. Even people who do not know. For example:
Marina BladeVlad approaches, and points to what looks Salamina * Hey Blade, I'll introduce to your new girlfriend? *

These practices embody metagaming but consensually allowed to pursue a line of rp.

BRIEF NOTE ON NATURAL PERSONAL REVIVE

Despite being allowed to shout ((Nat. Rev. 10 mins. OUT)) is definitely do cut the game. In particular I find very tedious.

Nat Rev. A player to my taste, and always respecting the rules must:

A) In case of massive battle:
1) To apply, write a line saying that despite his injuries and drag with great effort or walk away from the turmoil (and do, stay out of the battle).
2) Wait for an ally it comes to healing.
3) If anyone weather, wait a few minutes to get the stamina, if low and begin to heal and regenerate to return to combat. The statutory waiting period is 10 minutes COLA.
4) You can choose to return to combat or escape after a rolear those minutes of waiting.

REMEMBER TO USE ANY SKILLS OR AN ALLY FOR YOU ON THE USE cure, PUT BACK IN THE FIGHT.

B) If the RP "hand in hand" or "against a number":
1) Acting / rolear the consequences of having been "defeated" through narratives.
2) Do not heal or use skills.
3) Do not fight unless the RP lead to a new battle.
4) Remember that you are in the hands and mercy of those who put him Knock Out and act accordingly.

We can always benefit from USING NATURAL REVIVE THE IMAGINATION AND DOING A GOOD ROLE PLAY.

Marina Kips CCS on behalf of Hispanic Alliance

Taurie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum