Tremere
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MoonGirl McMillan

Go down

MoonGirl McMillan Empty MoonGirl McMillan

Post  Taurie Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:42 am

I was born to parents who worshipped the moon. I came into this world in the dark of the new moon, when the moon is interrupted by battles between monsters who slay the moon and in turn revive it. My birth parents are these monsters.

From the stories passed down in lunar mythology, it was the night of the dark moon; it was the night of silence; it was the night of the still wind; it was the night the stars were captured and tucked away for safe keeping; it was the night it all began to go terribly wrong; it was the night of my birth.

They took the life of the moon as they did every cycle, only this time, the moon’s revival was not possible. So, they tried to sacrifice their first born who was named Moon in repayment of what they had so wrongly taken from the heavens.

My parents abandoned me among the fallen leaves, alone in a dark field for three days, somehow kept safe by lunar deities. Eventually farmers found me while harvesting their crops. I entered into my adoptive family on that night the farmers found me under the harvest moon. They accepted me as their own, so caring, kind and loving.

Several years passed. On the full moon of my 18th birthday, a change occurred within me. Something that lie dormant awakened inside. From this night on, powers within me unveiled themselves, becoming more intense every full moon. My life cycled the moon - a life of death and rebirth every 30 days. No longer could I hide my powers. People noticed. People talked. People feared. People wanted me dead. It was when I began to fear for my own life and the lives of those I loved that I ran away.

Tucked deep into darkness in the shadows of the grove, I hid from the illuminating glow of the full moon. I had nowhere to go. As the full moon dipped down, a shadow was cast of a curious creature standing over me, his lycan ears outlined in the silvery halo of the moon; his breaths more like growls; his eyes lazor sharp. I was still. My heart pounded though my breathing was shallow and soft, trying to stay hidden in the blanket of the shadows.

Tracking my scent, the curious creature had a keen sense of smell. Kneeling down on all fours, he leaned in closer, his nose nuzzled into my neck as our eyes held their intensity. "I am Moon," were the only words that escaped my shallow breath, and in that moment, I could tell in somehow, my words had touched this curious creature. Perhaps our meeting was fate. A connection meant to be. I was to be this lycan's moon and in return, me his angel.

-------------------------

Taurie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum