Tremere
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sturm Edman

Go down

Sturm Edman Empty Sturm Edman

Post  Taurie Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:36 am

Sturm was born into money. I had anything I wanted growing up and was a little bit of a wild child. Always getting brought home by the police and having my father buy me out. Spoiled beyond anything you could compare it to. So it was quite a shock that on my 20th birthday I was diagnosed with a fast growing brain tumor and only had a year to live. I decided to go out and explore a little for me last days. Death didn't scare me; I had done more and had more than most do in a lifetime already. There was one regret; I had never found true love. Sure there were women, too many to count it seemed, but not that one true heart.

One day while traveling and waiting for death I came upon a gruesome sight. There in front of me was something of legend, a wolf walking on two legs, a lycan. The wolf was feasting upon a family. The father was a mess of blood and bones as was the mother. The wolf was about to do the same to the child when it noticed me. It turned towards me and spoke as the child ran for it's life. The voice that came from the beast was not expected, it was feminine and hypnotizing. Her words were cold and threatening though. She wanted to know why I interrupted her meal and told me I was gonna replace the child since I made her lose it.

Looking into her bloody face I merely said 'take me; I've no one or nothing to live for anyway. I am dead in a few months anyway, better to finish it here.'

I stood there waiting for the end and as she came towards me she suddenly stopped. Her eyes stared at me as if waiting for me to run. I just stood there and again asked her to finish it, to end my waiting for death. I told her I wasn't afraid to die, rather looked forward to it. Her expression changed at that point, even though she was a wolf I could see her soften. Her next sentence was so unexpected; I still am shocked to this day when I think about it.

She said, 'I can cure you.'

I sat there stunned and not understanding what she meant. She could tell my confusion and told me how she could make me stronger than what I was and how I could live as she did. I didn't know what to do, what to think. I'd live, but I'd be a creature of the night. Still I had a desire to live within me now starting to grow and coming to the surface. As I was about to answer she said one more thing, she said I had done something to her made her want more than just the next meal. She wanted a companion a mate a partner. This last part made me take a step back, so I asked quietly and slowly for her to let me see her human form if all the legends were true she could do this. Next thing I knew there in front of me was a vision of beauty where the beast had stood. She stood there naked in the moonlight and showed no sense of it bothering her. It was at that moment I knew, this monster, this beauty was the one. I asked her one question at that point, it was all I needed to know. I asked her for her name and the voice merely said Taurie. I nodded and closed my eyes as she changed back to the wolf and gave me the special kiss that would cure me and make us as one.

In our wanders we came in contact with others who as we are. Creatures of legend and of the night were roaming as we were. The first was Camile, he was a vampire of untold age to us. He and Taurie took to each other like moths to flame. He liked to get into fights and would be badly hurt, Taurie showed she had a skill for healing and would tend to him. I stood back and watched as they became a team to be reckoned with. Some times when they went out to get in trouble I would stay by myself. When they were gone, I'd try the same skills as Taurie on the rats around. I found I had a skill for using offensive spells also, not just healing.

One night right after killing a rat with a poison spell, a tall dark lady approached. She laughed at me saying, "you do pretty good with rats, but how about some real targets?" I couldn't help but laugh myself. As I looked closer at her, she had fangs as Camile did and the way she carried herself she must have been a vampire. I introduced myself and she said her name was Shirley. We talked for a while and even though I had never seen her before I found out she knew Camile rather well. Finally she told me to get my ass up, we were gonna go give me a test. Next thing I knew she was in a fight with some street punks, I watched as they started to get the upper hand on her. Finally realizing what she was doing I started to use my skills. With me by her side throwing spells, the humans had no chance. Afterwards we met back up with Camile and Taurie, Cam introduced Shirley to Taurie. From that night we became a team, Shirley in the middle of things and me casting away. More have joined with us since then; we've become a family and continue to survive from day to day.

Well of course things changed as they always do. Our family got in a disagreement with the Sabbat High council and chose to leave. I saw all my friends now on the other side of matters and was torn between my family and all the friends I had made. The final descision was made when my darling and wonderful wife Taurie decided she had to stay with her long lost brother. We split from our family, but in no way have we left them. Cam and Shirly and Blane and Rave and all the others are still our family where it counts.

Today Taurie my ever upwardly mobile wife is now a Cardinal of our new clan and I am her right hand. Our son Nich has made it to the ranks of Archbishop of all things. Our clan is quickly growing in number and strength and we will make a fine addition to the Sabbat.

We spent a time in the Sabbat, but came to see more friends leave and in turn we left also to join them. We took a while, but our family started to grow large. As it grew my mate and I suddenly found ourselves as more companions and not mates anymore.

I started to wander around some, further from home than I'd been in a while. I stayed in my wolf form more than I ever had, starting to enjoy the freedom it gave. The strength and heightened senses were like a drug and kept me there for days on end. Not having to carry any weapons, just my whole body was a weapon now. I started acting like the animal I was, mercilessly killing anyone I came across and enjoying it all.

One night while looking for my next victim, I noticed a figure hiding in the darkness. Silently I moved in and was ready for the kill. Her scent was intoxicating and her beauty unmatched. This kill I would remember for as long as I lived. Just as I was about to pounce she said something that stopped me in my tracks and made me think. She said her name was Moon. Being a lycan and a slave of the moon, I felt somehow this might mean something. I stopped my attack and changed back into my human form not even thinking about having no clothes on as I did. We talked for hours that night and her story made me of course this was after I found something to cover my nude body with.

The next couple weeks we were inseperable, training talking and just being together. One night things turned bad. I was angry at things that had happened around and my wolf form came out and attacked Moon. I immediately regained control and turned and ran out the door as a wolf as fast as I could go. I ran for what seemed days and thought many times over about what I had done. I decided it was time to leave the monster behind, but how.

I returned a while later and told Moon my plan and I would return when I had completed it. Leaving her behind was harder than I expected, but didn't matter anyway cause she followed me against my wishes. Finally a clue came to us. Stories of an ancient and magically powerful race called the Sidhe. We had a trail now, a chance. We started to study all the tales of this race, even the slightest of rumors we followed up on. Finally a solid clue was found and we followed it to of all places the town I was born in. This was beyond weird, but after asking around the town more it got even weirder. The trail led right to the house where I was raised. There was no way, this clue must have been like all the others a dead end.

I was about to give up on it all when Moon told me to just ask, so I went to my parents not knowing what too do or say. But why would I care, shit I was suppose too be dead long before this due to a tumor. I had seen so much that I would never have believed since i had left. Why not just go out on a limb and push that I believe button one more time.

Almost in a whisper I said to my father, "have you ever heard of a race called the Sidhe?"

He tried to deny it but his face gave him away. I kept asking question after question and he kept trying to deny. Finally my mother couldn't stand it anymore and broke in. She asked me why I wanted to know. I figured what the hell and told her my story. Both her and my father listened intently but then when I was done they both laughed not believing. Again, what could it hurt so I turned into my wolf form to their horror. I quickly changed back and explained that I was looking for the race to cure myself of my lycanthropy.

Their eyes now sparkled like I had never seen before. They both smiled and at the same time said "we can help you."

Now I was the one with the dumbfounded expression as they told me that they and I were Sidhe. Also they said that there was a cure for my illness, but it was very dangerous and could possibly kill me. I merely smiled at that and nodded to Moon, "I have a healer to watch over me." They both smiled at Moon and went on too explain the spell they would use to cure me.

The spell was complicated and time consuming. My body felt like ti was being drawn and quartered, but Moon was there always healing me along the way. I could barely make out her face and my parents as the spell continue. They were tired, zombies on their feet but kept going.

After a week of continuously casting both my parents collapsed to the floor of exhaustion, Moon stayed on her feet keeping me barely alive as she continued to use her healing skills. Another week went by when I finally awoke, to of all faces Moon's. She looked like death, I knew she hadn't really slept for the last two weeks.

Me parents were there immediately afterwards checking on me and smiling that I seemed fine. The told me to try to change into the wolf and I did as requested, but this time the wolf did not show. I rejoiced knowing that I had overcome the curse and would be able to be with Moon and not be afraid the monster would come forth.

Over the next couple months while finishing my recovery, I found my parents library and started reading on my ancestery and the powers the Sidhe possesed. I suddenly realized how the healing skills came so easy to me, I was magical to start with. I studied the curses, spells, incantations and skills of my people and learned to use them. I learned how to attack from afar, I was a powerful mage and would use it to my advantage.

Me and Moon now are inseperable, her and her healing skills and me and my ancient magics. Living and fighting together always.

Taurie
Admin

Back to top Go down